Round #8 Rules:
• Icons must be made originally for this challenge, no prior work may be submitted. If it is found that you submit your previous work, you will be disqualified from the next round.
• All work must be your own, not someone elses.
• Make sure all images are PG-13 rated.
• Icons must fit the livejournal standard, under 40 kb, 100x100px and in either .png, .gif, or .jpg file format.
• When posting the finished ALL 20 please leave 3 icon examples, not a banner, and a link to the icon post/or lj-cut to your journal.
• The icon post must be unlocked for two reasons: 1. I need to be able to see your entries to post voting and 2. so people don't have to join to view your icons. (If they do join, it's a perk for you)
• DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ICONS TO THIS POST
• ALL entries are moderated, which means that I have to accept the entry before it's made visible to the public.
• Please ONLY add the following tags for this round.
# round: 8, # user: ~you~ (optionally what fandom you use, ie. % tv: hannibal, % movie: harry potter, % stock, % actor: johnny depp, % actress: jennifer lawrence, etc. USE THE % IN THE BEGINNING!)
• You can use provided table to post your icons, but it's optional. You can create your own table, just make sure you name it properly so I will be able to find the right theme/icon.
• DO add a subject. FORMAT AS: Round #8: your username
• Completed 20 are due OCTOBER 5th - COUNTDOWN
Many people was mentioning, that they miss or would love to experience theiconquest as they weren't actve/at all in LJ. This round will be a small appreciation for this awesome community! HERE you can check out the main idea of the community.
As you know, there were 4 main classes we could icon: Bard, Wizard, Hero and Rouge.
BARD: specialize in text and emotional/inspirational aspects as huge elements of their icons. You're a Bard if Charm is the attribute where you have most points. | Bards tell a story
delamort | starry_night | definelike | nadya149 | harlequinss_s
I want you here to use a lot of text, fonts, anything storytelling :)
WIZARD: specialize in complexity/composition as the main feature of their icons. You're a Wizard, Harry if Magic is the attribute where you have most points. | Wizards do complex magic
naginis | jsfunction | neatmonster | delamort | second_love
In this class I want you to show me your best at making complex icons, full of textures, many colors, maybe text.
HERO: specialize in coloring (not necessarily extremely colorful or vibrant, but rather coloring as the element that pulls it apart from the others) as the focal point of their icons. You're a Hero if Power is the attribute where you have most points. | Heroes make a statement
neatmonster | kitamikeita | harlequinss_s | petite_tomate | scoobyatemysnax
Here, the most important the coloring, it needs to be very eye-catching, so vibrant colorings and creative usage of colors, are more than welcome!
ROGUE: specialize in simple-looking icons (crop as a main feature, negative space, not many visible textures). You're a Rogue if Agility is the attribute where you have most points. | Rogues are subtle and fatal
naginis | lady_turner | poisonfield | nadya149 | black_bird80
Here, the crop is the key! Also, th more simple, more subtle and delicate crop, the better!
As many people in comments or at anon_icon were saying that 4 different classes may be too much for them, I decided to put additional change, meaning now you can either make 4x5 icons with every theme, or 2x10 icons of two of the themes (although I encourage you to try the original version!).
Shall you have any questions, please let me konw in the comments!
To make the round more challenging and interesting, you'll be collecting points here. In the voting pools, you'll be voting for sets and particular icons, and people who will gain most points from voters and special challenge below, will earn special award from every class!
Now some rules:
- in theiconquest by submitting 1 icon, you gained 2 points, that means by submitting 20 icons you'll earn 40 points. To complete round and submit your icons, you need to collect additional points, to cross minimum 60 points. The more points you earn, the better! Below I listed the themes with additional points you can use in your icons. You can of course mix themes, like make center crop, monochrome coloring, put text in the background and make shadow effect, which automatically gives you 10 points! I'd ask you to write in your sumbition post to write which themes did you use and how many points the icon is worth.
You can suggest other themes (if I didn't list it) and I will add the points that the theme is 'worth'.
Remember, your icon NEEDS TO FIT THE CLASS, so you can't make complex composition in Rogue, or make very simple icon in Wizard!
text (3 or more visible words) - 4
big contrast - 2
negative space - 2
decorative texture - 1
chiaroscuro - 2
vibrant coloring - 3
muted coloring/sepia - 2
close crop - 2
blending images (3 or more visible images) - 3
gif icon - 4
monochrome - 2
shadow effect (shadow, shape of body in second layer, etc) - 3
rainbow colors (more than 5 colors in icon) - 4
low contrast - 2
big lightning - 1
no-eyes effect - 2
painted effect - 4
fire effect - 2
natural coloring - 2
geometric shapes - 2
visible rotation - 1
obscure crop - 3
complementary coloring - 4
center crop - 1
grunge - 2
Your table (optional, you can create your table, just make sure to name themes so I can find it later):
If you have any doubts, or you would like to have some examples of themes, or you have any other questions, please ask me :)
Sign ups are still open HERE!